Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Ups and Downs

Sometimes life is like a roller coaster. I do love and always have love to ride them so I better just get on and enjoy the ride. I am sure that the ride of life can be fun if we look at it that way. How is it that sometimes we get stuck in line and never get onto the ride. Life is too short to not hold your hands high in the air and scream and laugh. That is what I like to do when I ride a roller coaster. Why not do that in life?

I have often found myself doing only the mundane things in life and forgetting to enjoy the ride. It is way more fun to play a game of checkers with my son than wash the dishes. It is more rewarding to talk to my daughter rather than yell at her. Why is it that we would choose the latter?

The joy in life is found in the little things that we do. It is when we pile in the car with treats and watch my son's game or my daughters soccer. It is when we go someplace together and end up with a laughing memory. It is in the quite talks on my bed and the assurance that we love each other. It is in the early morning talks with my husband before anyone or anything is awake yet. Joy in life is all of these small things all added together to make life.

I hope that I take the time to get on the roller coaster ride and hold up my hands and laugh. It is way more fun than standing around watching everyone else have the fun. Make it and create it. We might as well enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment