Monday, May 2, 2011

A Need to Talk

There are times that you wonder where your life is going and what good you are doing. I have often sought confirmation that what I am "doing is the right thing at the right time". I remember when I got engaged and felt pressure from my father that what I was doing was not right. I was confused because I knew that I had sought guidance and had received confirmation that I was doing the right thing. My father softened and trusted me. When the sealer stood at the end of our ceremony he thought to say " I just felt impressed to tell you that you are doing the right thing at the right time." I know that I did not really need to hear that but I will tell you that through the difficult times I was reassured that I was where I needed to be.

Often times I have sought that same confirmation as I have gone through my life. I know that I can feel as I did then that I am "doing the right thing at the right time". Each time I have sought that confirmation I have received a witness of comfort. I am not sure why I have been blessed with such tender mercies but I am forever grateful.

These last few weeks I have had a difficult decision to make and have sought to know what to do and that the decision that I felt right about was the right thing. I wanted to know if I was "doing the right thing at the right time". I made my decision based on the feeling of comfort and knew that I would leave it in the Lords hands. How is it possible to not have confirmation in the things that we do. How can we not have guidance in our life especially when we are making life changing decisions. I do not ever want to be alone to make these decisions and will be forever grateful for the Lord's hand in my life.

All of us should seek for assurance in our lives. We need to know that we are where we need to be or better yet where the Lord needs us. I know that when we strive to do what is right that we can receive this guidence and that in this we can be more affective in His work. I am glad to know that He knows all and can direct me to be in the "right place at the right time".

No comments:

Post a Comment