Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Christmas Spirit

Last night we gathered as a family to begin our candle time for the 12 days of Christmas. My anticipation and expectations were great and by the end I needed a hug from my husband. I whispered in his ear, "how can we get the spirit of Christ in our home?" He comforted me and made it possible for me to try again. Tonight will be different. It will be better.

Later that night I watched a segment on the Atmosphere in your Home. How ironic that I would see that after how I felt. It did not make me feel any better because it told me that parents are responsible for the feelings that are in the home. What we do and feel is copied by our children. That was just what I needed to hear. After realizing that it was me I became more determined to somehow create it. Now I have a mission.

It feels like this is the busiest week of my life but I do want the feeling of Christ in my home. I am sure that I can do it if I have a plan. So here it goes. I must have the spirit of Christ in my heart. I need to listen to the words of the Christmas songs and feel their meaning. I must make time for doing Christ like things. I must listen to things that talk of Christ. I must put off the stress in my life and think of the things that really matter. I am going to try hard today to make it happen so that my home and family will feel it also. Here begins a day of Christ in my life. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment